Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mixed Martial Arts video backfires!


The webmaster of MMA Recruiters.com has asked me to create a short video intro for his website that show what MMA recruiters is all about using only stills and footage shot by other videographers.

I attempted to put this all together using music that is a little outside the norm for these kinds of videos. Here's what I came up with...


It flopped.

I posted the vid on various forums and asked for opinions. Very few people liked it. I will admit it's WAY too long. It needs to be about a minute or slightly over. But what they really didn't like was the music. 

Most MMA vids use fast cuts and screaming heavy metal music but I wanted to do something that was as different from that as possible yet still communicated the passion and power of the sport. I guess I went too far.

Back to the drawing board!! Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

PhotoJoe said...

I like it! The juxtaposition of violence and soothing music reminds me of the opening scene of Goodfellas when Tommy stabs the crap out of Billy Batts and then "Rags to Riches" starts playing. It would have been better if:

A. It was shorter.

B. A song that was a little less sleepy. But I must admit I'm getting a little tired of "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor."